Picture My Shoes


Friday, January 12, 2007

Big Shoes To Fill-Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.



On Monday January 15th, we remember the incredible life of a man whose shoes are almost too big to fill. Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. was a man with a servant’s heart, visionary and peacemaker. As an African-American woman, I honor this great man who blurred the lines of color. Through his eyes, he saw human beings that could live together in harmony and celebrate our differences.

I certainly believe I am an extension of the movement he started so many years ago. I was a child when Dr. Martin Luther King was assassinated. I had the opportunity to visit the Dr. Martin Luther King Memorial in Atlanta, Georgia. No matter what color you are, I honestly believe every woman, man, boy and girl should visit this historical site.

I wanted to share with you one of my favorite quotes from Dr. Martin Luther King:

--In 1968, Dr. King said in his sermon, “The Drum Major Instinct,”

“Everybody can be great, because everybody can serve…You only need a heart full of grace, a soul generated by love, and you can be that servant.”

Let’s continue Dr. King’s legacy of peace and hope.

Visit the number 1 large-size women's blog, Your Feet Make You Unique at http://www.yourfeetmakeyouunique.com.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home